The Mondovi Public Library is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and creative team leader with a strong dedication to service to be our Library Director. The Library Director is responsible for maintaining a welcoming atmosphere at the library, managing the library collection, executing programs for a variety of age groups, supervising part time staff and enhancing library outreach.
The preferred candidate will possess positive interpersonal skills, and have experience working with governing boards, community organizations, volunteers as well as the public. This individual must have excellent communication skills and be able to provide library services within the annual budget.
- 54 semester credits, half of which shall be in the liberal arts and sciences. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be eligible for a Wisconsin Grade III library certification. (The 4 Certification courses must be completed within two years of hire date.)
- At least one year of library supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to library meetings and conferences within the region and state.
- Must be able to work 40 hrs/week in person including some evenings,with one Saturday a.m./month
- Must be able to lift/push 40 lbs; be able to stand, bend, squat
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with employees, the public, agencies and the Library Board of Trustees
- Manages and supervises library operations by developing respectful and cooperative working relationships with co-workers
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long term library plans
- Collects, interprets and prepares data for monthly reports/recommendations to the Library Board
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow
- Creates and communicates policies and procedures to staff, patrons and the Board
- Creates and follows the Library’s operational budget
- Assists with Capital Campaign fundraising for our new building
- Designs library programming to meet the needs of the community and assists with all
- Maintains required Certification Competencies:
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement a comprehensive library system
- Ability to communicate effectively on a variety of platforms: verbally, via email and social media etc.
- Excellent computer skills including website design and publishing, document/poster creation, word processing and database management software
- Knowledge of current library trends and technology developments
- Broad knowledge of children’s, young adult and adult literature
- Demonstrate by personal example the spirit of service, excellence and integrity expected from all staff
Compensation: $43,680 per year plus an excellent benefits package The Mondovi Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and three references to Terri Vettrus, Library Board President: email@example.com Can be mailed or dropped off at Mondovi City Hall 156 S. Franklin St. Mondovi, WI 54755 ATTN: Terri Vettrus Applications received by October 7 , 2022 will receive first consideration. Position open until filled.