Is your library interested in:
- Increasing inclusive practices?
- Promoting early literacy by strenthening parent/child engagement?
- Promoting social and emotional development for children?
- Increasng library use for all children--especially children with disabilities?
This session is an introduction to PIWI (Parents Interacting with Intentionality), designed for school districts, libraries, Head Start, home visiting programs to learn more and see if it is a match for community teams. You are encouraged to come with your community partners, but that is not required. Here's what you'll learn:
- Tips that can be used in daily interactions with children and their families that strengthen relationships
- Determine who may be community partners who can engage in PIWI work with you in your community
- Develop an understanding of the PIWI philosophy and practices to determine if it is a good fit for your library and your community
- Plan possible next steps with regional consultants
9:00-2:00 CESA 11 225 Ostermann Drive, Turtle Lake
Register here by January 30. ($10 payment required for lunch, but if you plan to bring your lunch there is no charge)