Public Access Survey
Help the DPI get a snapshot of what libraries are doing and/or what they feel their role is in supporting access to the Internet. Please complete the Residential Internet Access survey by April 22. Thanks for your help!
Wisconsin Libraries Talk About Race video archives
If you weren’t able to attend live, webinar archives are now available.
Free Microsoft Tutorials (from Barb, Deer Park)
As Deer Park transitions to Office 365 from GSuites even though I’m comfortable using Word, Excel and Outlook I am not familiar with Microsoft Teams. I decided to check if Microsoft still has free online training for the Office apps. They do! Here is a link to the Microsoft’s training site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/training
Coming Up Soon
Understanding Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Matter in Majority White Spaces
Apr 14, 2022, 1:00 PM This session presents the foundational understanding and importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in conjunction with the core values and behavior standards.
• Explore Trends in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Learn The Language of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Discuss The Case for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Learn The Impact of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on Team Performance
On the IFLS Calendar
- Mon Apr 4th: Explore MORE Passport Program launch
- Tue Apr 5th 1:00pm – 2:30pm: Bringing the Library to Your Community
- Wed Apr 13th 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Youth Services Check-In
Find all the details on the calendar.
Marketing and Tech
No Group Magnet Order
(This is a repeat of an email sent out to all library directors.)
Because there’s no significant savings in creating a bulk magnet order, IFLS isn’t doing a bulk order. Don’t despair! We’ve got you covered!
- Here’s a Canva template. (Reb used Augusta’s info because it was handy.) My emphasis here is on accessibility for people with vision challenges. If you don’t have staff time or capacity to customize this design, contact Reb at email@example.com.
- Select the vendor of your choice and order. You’ll want to get your order in soon. Like everywhere else, supply chain issues are delaying delivery!
Return Sticker for MORE libraries
Would you like one or two (or more) for your bookdrops? These are weather resistant stickers: 3 inches tall and 11 inches wide. They’ll be between $2.50 and $3.10 each, depending on how many we order.
If you would like to order, fill out this very short form to tell me how many and where to send them. If I don’t get enough replies for a bulk order I’ll contact you.
Explore MORE Passport Program launches on Monday! (and April Toolkit)
Monday’s the day! You can use the final Facebook Post to announce the start. Watch for your April toolkit early next week in Marketing Monthly. You can subscribe here, or see the archives on the IFLS website Marketing page.
Clarification on Job Opening postings
With all the new folks, Reb thought it might be handy to clarify how job postings work.
- When you send your post request with a HelpDesk ticket (preferred) or email, your job gets posted on this page.
- You’ll notice we don’t post full job descriptions here, but we’re happy to link to them!
- Best practice is to indicate how many hours people will be working and a salary or salary spread.
- There’s no separate listing for MORE.
The IFLS Jobs page gets over 6,000 unique page views per year, so it’s a pretty active page. IFLS doesn’t post your jobs anywhere else, so if you want to get the word out far and wide, you’ll want to promote your job in other venues.
Have a beautiful weekend, y’all!
Thank you, Jill!
Thank you so much for sharing this at this time. I did not know about the 6th stage and it…
Thanks for this Leah. I read the summary and it gave me some good ideas to follow up on. You…