Budgets, Data and Statistics
Send in your county funding requests
The absolute final deadline is no later than July 1, 2021. It is best to file your request early.
PLEASE NOTE: Federal Funds are not included in the formula so if you received Federal Funds from CARES or other sources those amounts need to be subtracted.
For Barron County Libraries and libraries in adjacent counties—The Barron County Administrator has stated that any request received after the due date WILL NOT be paid.
For new directors who have not filed requests in the past there should be a saved letter/form from previous year requests. Each county may have a little different format that they require but the basic formula is:
- Total Expenditures divided by Total Circulation equals Cost Per Circulation
- Cost per Circulation multiplied by the circulation to those without a library for home county and adjacent counties.
- Section III 1 a. Total Circulation
- Section VI. Line 6 minus Line 7 Total Expenditures minus Federal Funds
- Multiple by Section XI. 2b for Those without a Library for Home County
- Multiple by Section XI 9 a, b, c, d, …… for adjacent counties
Counties typically want a copy of your annual report along with a copy of the MORE reports listing circulation by ACT 150 locations (or similar reports from your circulation system). Rusk County sent out an email to libraries in the adjacent counties requesting the breakdown by ACT 150 location (Requested in 2019).
Your IFLS staff contact for questions is John Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) By July 1 of each year, each public library lying in whole or in part in a county shall provide a statement to the county clerk of that county and to the county clerk of each adjacent county, other than a county with a population of at least 500,000, that reports all of the following:
43.12(2)(a) (a) The number of loans of material made by that library during the prior calendar year to residents of the county, or adjacent county, who are not residents of a municipality that maintains a public library under s. 43.52 or 43.53.
43.12(2)(b) (b) If the library is in a county that is adjacent to a county with a consolidated library system, the number of loans of material made by that library during the prior calendar year to residents of the adjacent county who are not residents of a municipality that contains a branch of the consolidated library.
43.12(2)(c) (c) The total number of loans of material made by that library during the previous calendar year.
The L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library in Eau Claire is a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation
The Foundation Center has information about funders available free from its website.
Library Grants is a blog with regular updates about national grant opportunities
Want to learn how to use Quickbooks? Contact Juli Button.
NEW 2020 Program Tracking tools
The DPI has released new year-round data collection tools to use in completing the annual report. There’s an excel spreadsheet and a training video. The new resources specifically address programs and self-directed activities.
2020 Annual Report Graphic template
Short and Sweet. Details in the template.