Coming early 2019: Annual Report Data Visualization!
Is advocacy built in to your daily library work?
Advocacy in a Nutshell
This is a great introduction to advocacy from South Central Library System's website.
Who should do Advocacy?
- A broad mix of individuals
- friends of the library
- resident library users
- local business & community leaders
*For effective advocacy - people must be able to convey their opinions in an informed way. They should be educated about the library and its needs.
How do we do it?
- Collect positive comments from library users. These stories help move local-decision makers about the value of the library to the community.
- Develop a message that is used by staff, trustees, foundation members and friends of the library. Use the message over and over.
- Help local elected officals by providing reliable information. They have many difficult decisions to make. Give them the information and tools they need to be a library advocate in their govenmental work.
For more information about library advocacy, contact John Thompson.
Advocacy & Marketing Kit
Library Value Calculator
Use this tool from the Winnefox Library System on your website! It will tell an individual the monetary value of their library check outs.
Other Advocacy Sources
South Central Library System has developed an extensive Online Advocacy Toolkit. These materials and information are available to you to explore and utilize for your library.